Conference will take place June 4 as part of Ann Arbor SPARK’s a2Tech360 city-wide event
ANN ARBOR, Mich.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–DaySmart Software, the leading provider of business management software supporting small business growth, is hosting its second annual Women in Tech Conference on June 4 in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The sold-out conference is being co-sponsored by Ann Arbor SPARK and FordLabs, and will take place in concert with the 2019 a2Tech360 – an annual week-long event series focused on promoting the Ann Arbor innovation ecosystem.
This year’s Women in Tech conference will feature three prominent female business leaders who will share their experiences navigating the technology industry and strategies for propelling their careers forward:
- Judy Asher – Ford Motor Company’s manager of cyber security, governance, risk and compliance, security and controls compliance; named “Women of the Year” by the Michigan Council of Women in Technology in 2018 and one of the “50 Names to Know in Information Technology” by Crain’s Detroit in 2016
- Tonya McCarley – an adjunct faculty member at the University of Michigan School of Information, DaySmart product manager and director of user experience with 24 years in sales and technology
- Lisa McLaughlin – co-CEO and co-founder of Workit Health, a telehealth addiction care company; recognized as the TechWeek Detroit Technology Women of the Year in 2017
As an a2Tech360 sponsor, DaySmart will participate in several events throughout the week, including Tech Talk on June 7 from 10:00 – 11:30 a.m. ET. Brock Wackerle, DaySmart’s corporate brand manager and SEO strategist, will host a talk titled, “An SEO Strategist’s Climb to Page Zero,” where he’ll explain how he helped increase organic traffic to DaySmart’s product pages by more than 150 percent in less than six months. Additionally, members of DaySmart’s development department will serve as mentors for hackathon teams participating in the inaugural HackA2 2019 on June 8-9. As part of the hackathon, teams will be tasked with solving a problem the local Ann Arbor community is facing.
“The Ann Arbor tech community is thriving and we’re proud to be taking part in an event that celebrates the companies that are actively contributing to that growth,” said Jeff Dickerson, CEO of DaySmart. “Our team’s participation in the a2Tech360 event is a testament to DaySmart’s commitment to supporting small businesses and tech entrepreneurs, and we’re thrilled be able to host another conference dedicated specifically to supporting women in our tech ecosystem.”
The Women in Tech Conference will be hosted at FordLabs in downtown Ann Arbor. Doors will open at 5:30 p.m. ET. There will be appetizers and drinks available, and the sessions will take place from 6:00 – 7:45 p.m. ET, followed by a meet and greet with the speakers and event organizers. Those interested in being put on the waitlist for tickets should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About DaySmart Software
Makers of the popular and award-winning Salon Iris, Orchid, 123Pet and Inkbook software, DaySmart is the leading provider of business management tools designed to make it easier for entrepreneurs to run and grow their businesses. DaySmart desktop and cloud apps are purpose-built for the salon, spa, pet and tattoo industries, and backed by a US-based support team that is dedicated to client success.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, DaySmart has been a small business champion since 1999. The company has been recognized on the Inc. 5000 list for eight consecutive years.
Version 2.0 Communications for DaySmart Software
- Staying Informed with COVID-19: Resources for Small Businesses - March 17, 2020
- My SEO Checklist - July 26, 2019
- DaySmart Software Hosts Second Annual Women in Tech Conference - May 28, 2019